Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Authors not- humerous piece

Author's Note for humerous piece.
For my humerous piece, I used a picture of a beached whale who died from the recent drug war while trying to smuggle drugs across the border into Colorado and a group of people around it saying "Whale thats a bummer." The ironic thing about the whale dying by smuggling drugs to Colorado is that it didnt die from being out of the water, it died from the drug war. I decided to use a whale instead of humans becuase I didnt want to make my humerous picture offensive in any way. I think that most of the possible ways I could have taken this humerous piece could have been seen as offensive since the subjust involved drugs and a forign country. Origionally I had the whale just across the border, but as I discussed it with my group they told me I should put the whale in Colorado. I also thought it could be a good idea to have the whale die as soon as it crossed into the Mexican border because of all the murders going on, but I thought that could be seen as offensive.

8 comments:

  1. I think your choice of the beached whale was very funny because it still makes your point in a very serious way, but does not target anyone as to offend them and therefore, turn them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the comment the cowboy made was funny. You might want to clarify the way it ties to your topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whale idea is humourous against the backdrop of the mountains. Having the village people there and the coment they say in response to the whale also adds humor where it is hard to add since the topic is not something that is really appropriate to make fun of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad I was able to assist you with the idea of putting drugs next to the whale. I think it is hilarious, especially with the Rocky Mountains in the background. The picture is so ridiculous and I find it extremely funny.. and it relates to your topic as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KRRIIISTTENNN!
    Only you would come up with this and I love it!!! A beached whale was the way to go and it added tons of humor to it!!!!!! Very creative with how you combined all of your pictures! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha.. I am still thinking aout you making this and how you were probably laughing the whole time because you thought it was so funny! I didn't understand the whale at first... especially since Colorado is land locked but I liked everything else about the argument. I might consider canging the animal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHALE, thats a bummer. Haha I really like your humor piece. Instead of the random bags, maybe you could just put like a clear drug symbol like weed leaves next to the whale. But good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought your piece was really funny and works well. I think it will be good in color and makes your point clearly. The choice of a whale is probably the funniest aspect and the text using "whale" instead of "well" is funny too. I think your point is clear and it looks good.Good luck!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete