Monday, January 12, 2009

Blog 1.12.09

My name is Kristen Wilson. I am a junior fashion merchandising major and business minor from Boulder Colorado. I am taking this course to further my writing skills, and because it's required. I don't do much writing outside of class papers and e-mails, facebook, etc. I enjoy reading others writing much more than creating my own. I am from Boulder Colorado, which is also referred to as the "hippie town." This had impacted my identity because I grew up around a community of people concerned and dedicated to protecting our enviroment and mother nature. Most of the people in the area are much more concerned about contantly participating in outdoor activities, world peace, and protesting in aim to save the environment than formal eduation, including writing, and marterial objects! This has impacted my everyday ideas and suggestions about life becuase it has helped me realize and appreciaite the diversity we posses in the U.S. I believe that the simplisity of my blog is making the argument that a: I'm not a frequent blogger, and b: things are understood better if they are stated simply and clearly. I choose a black background with dots for my page becuase I didn't think anybody else would choose that one. By doing that, I believe I am making the bold argument that I preffer to be different. Also, I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of the course syllabus.

No comments:

Post a Comment