Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I plan to analyze Fuzzy's Taco Shop on Berry Street. I choose this space because I spend a lot of time there, and it is one of my favorite places in the TCU community. It's always packed with students, the atmosphere is fun, and the food is delicious! First, I plan to observe Fuzzy's on a Thursday night because it is usually crowded with TCU students, so I'll be able to see the fun and busy aspect then. I will also go during lunch hour one day so I can observe the mellow and calm side. These are two important times to observe fuzzy's because they will be able to give me ideas about both extreme characteristics that Fuzzy's has. I already know that Fuzzy's is a restaurant that serves food and drinks, plays loud music and interacts with the customers. By taking a closer look at the space, I expect to learn more about the customers, the surrounding, such as wall decorations and arrangement, and the persuasiveness that the restaurant contains.

5 comments:

  1. You mentioned that you spend a lot of time at Fuzzy and that you expect to learn more about the customers. Do you plan to actually talk to the customers or just watch them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, Fuzzy's sounds like it'll be an interesting space to analyze. Specifically focusing on times during the day and in the evening should offer some clear differences between audiences and rhetorical strategies. Good work on the proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, Fuzzy's is amazing! I think this will be a very fun place to hang out at and see how others utilize this TCU hot spot. I have found Fuzzy's to be the most interesting on the weekend when people are in there at 2-3 a.m. eating and winding down from a long night. Do you plan on observing at those times?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuzzy's is wicked good, and it's so close to campus. Atmosphere is great too and it's cheap. Hmm I sound like I should work there or something haha but have fun observing this space and eating their amazing taco's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuzzy's is a great place with a relaxed environment and a lot of TVs for watching sports. You should take note on the late night crowd that comes in to see if they eat more late night than they do around dinner/lunch. Overall I think Fuzzy's is a great place to observe and you should not have a problem finding interesting people to study.

    ReplyDelete